Sunday, May 11, 2008

ordover gallery




The gallery that I attended was the Ordover Gallery that is located in Solana Beach, CA. It was a very small place but held 3 lead photographers that were just amazing. The first artist I came across was Lou Montrose and his exhibit was called India in Black. It was an exhibit of about 15 pictures that were all black and white and were shot in India. The first half was all portraits of various people in the country. I was really taken aback by the photos. There was so much intensity in the eyes of all the people that it was scary. The picture I came across later turned out to be my favorite of the whole trip. It was called Taj Mahal Studies 1 – From Across the Reflecting Pool. It was just the most beautiful shot of the Taj Mahal with the reflection so clear in the pool in front. The whole picture made it seem like it was just the more gorgeous, clear day when it was taken. It was great. I walked on and found the John D. Clark exhibit. These were all scenic pictures which I thought were great because they looked like something I would take a picture of. While my pictures are not as good, there was a slight resemblance which made me feel pretty good. The picture that I really loved was Grapevine Mountain-Death Valley. It was just a flawless scenic photo. I then reached the exhibit of Heidi Fickinger which was called Garage Lights. This was my least favorite exhibit because I found it odd. All the photos were taken in what looked like a parking garage at night. I didn’t think any of them were extraordinary. To me they were just weird pictures taken in a parking garage at night. I thought it to be the strangest concept, but then again I’m kind of new to this artist concept thing so I probably just didn’t get it.

No comments: